Archiv Windows XP 25.916 Themen, 128.567 Beiträge

XP und Internet .... passt nicht zusammen ???

Haennes / 3 Antworten / Baumansicht Nickles

Ich habe folgendes Problem unter WinXP. Gehe ich ins Internet, friert irgendwann das Bild (egal welches Bild ... ;)))ein und kurz darauf wird ein Reset durchgeführt.
Sehr ärgerlich, besonders während eines Downloads ....

Kaaa... Haennes „XP und Internet .... passt nicht zusammen ???“
Optionen

Da hast Du wohl weniger ein XP- sondern ein Konfigurations-oder Hardwareproblem. Etwas mehr Info wäre angebracht.
Gruß

rj.2001 Haennes „XP und Internet .... passt nicht zusammen ???“
Optionen

Merh Infos währen da schon angebracht, aber lass mich raten, Du hast eine Grafikkarte mit einem NVIDIA-Chipsatz? Dann kannst Du Dir evtl. Abhilfe schaffen indem Du den 4in1-Treiber von NVIDIA installierst ansonsten hast Du hier mal eine Stellungname von NVIDIA zu diesem Thema. Falls Du keine GraKa mit NVIDIA-Chipsatz hast, dann wären mehr Infos seh sinnvoll. Ich habe jedenfalls diese Abstürtze damit wegbekommen. Diese Abstürtze treten aber nicht nur in Verbindung mit dem Internetexplorer auf. Kleiner Tipp: Ließ Dir den text unten durch und Test eins nach dem anderen, damit weißt Du genau, an was es lag und Dein System wird nicht all zu lahm. Ach so: NVIDIA arbeitet eifrig an diesem Problem. Hier die Stellungnahme / die Tipps von NVIDIA:

Staying out of the Loop

Introduction:

There has been a technical issue which has been discussed at length in the VIA Arena forums and in many other forums on the web of late, often known as the Infinite Loop or NV Loop/BSOD error.

What are the symptoms of this error?

The error normally occurs under a Direct3D or OpenGL application, on systems using a GeForce 2 or GeForce 3 video card with WinXP and the Nvidia detonator drivers 23.11 or 21.83. There are reports, however, of the issue occurring under Win2K. There are also reports of this occurring with ATI video cards but this has not been confirmed by VIA.

OpenGL- spontaneous reboot, hardware lockup or insufficient virtual memory error from WinXP

Direct 3D - Hardware lockup, BSOD with a message about an infinite loop error with a Nvidia driver

BSOD error message - this varies but refers to a problem with "nv4_disp.dll"

What is nv4_disp.dll?

This is part of the Nvidia detonator drivers. The full description is Nvidia display driver.

Is this a VIA chipset issue?

No. This issue is being reported on motherboards based on chipsets supplied by various vendors. (For example, refer to the article on The DDR Zone).

Is this a DirectX8.1 issue?

No. This issue can be replicated on Win2K without Direct X8.1 installed.

Is this a WinXP issue?

No. This issue can be replicated on Win2K when using Nvidia detonator drivers upwards from version 21.81.

Is there a fix?

At this time there is no one fix that fixes the issue for everyone. This issue is occurring on various VIA chipsets as well as many chipsets from all other chipset vendors. All of these chipsets are integrated into motherboards which have different BIOS and different board designs.

What can be done?

There are many system settings that have eliminated the problem for many people. What follows is a list of things you can try with your system. The suggestion is that you try one thing, test your system thoroughly under normal usage conditions. If the fix does not work, try the next fix and test again. Try combinations of these suggestions as well.

1) Try the Nvidia 21.83 drivers.

Many people have reported more success using these drivers than the 23.11 drivers.

2) If you have an AMD based system (with a VIA chipset)

Install the 4.37v(a) 4in1 driver pack. This contains a patch which will change a register setting to disable the Memory Write Queue. The patch forces the register to be reserved as per VIA's recommendation to motherboard manufacturers. In many instances this will also free up the system resources that cause the loop error. This is not the cause of the loop error but on some systems may resolve the issue.

3) DRAM setting in BIOS - for DDR motherboards

RAM manufacturers highly recommend using a setting no higher than 2T command rate. Some motherboards set it as 1T and in many instances this actually works perfectly well. To check your setting and change it, enter the BIOS, go to "Advanced Chipset features" then "DRAM Clock Drive Control". You will see "DRAM Command Rate". Set this to 2T. If you have more than one memory module it is highly recommended to have this setting at 2T.

If this does not work, try lowering other memory settings to make them less aggressive, such as:

DRAM Clock - this is the front side bus speed that your RAM runs at. If you have 2100 RAM, you should be able to set it at 133 which is 266DDR. This can be changed down to 100 but I would only recommend this after trying all other fixes.

SDRAM Cycle Length - This is your cas rating. 2 is aggressive, 2.5 is recommended (safe).

Bank Interleave - This decides how multiple memory modules communicate. Enable or Disable this. It will only make a difference if you have more than one memory module.

Precharge to Active(Trp) - 2T is aggressive, 3T is normal/safe.

Active to Precharge(Tras) - 5T is aggressive, 6T is normal/safe.

Active to CMD(Trcd) - 2T is aggressive, 2T is normal/safe.

DRAM Burst length - 8 is aggressive, 4 is normal/safe.

DRAM Drive Strength - highly recommended to leave on auto in all options.

You may also have a CPU to DRAM setting. Options are slow, fast and medium. Obviously fast is aggressive etc.

4) RAM setting in BIOS - for PC133 motherboards

Enter the BIOS, go to "Advanced Chipset features"

DRAM Timing By SPD - set to disabled

DRAM Clock - Host CLK is safe and effectively runs your RAM at 100FSB, HCLK-33M is aggressive and effectively runs your RAM at 133FSB

SDRAM Cycle Length - 2 is aggressive and 3 is normal/safe

Bank Interleave - This decides how multiple memory modules communicate. Enable or Disable this. It will only make a difference if you have more than one memory module.

DRAM Drive Strength - leave as auto

Memory Hole - leave as disabled, although enabling 15M-16M can help with sound issues

5) Display Properties

Enter display properties by right clicking on your desktop and selecting properties or going through the Display Properties icon in Control Panel. Under the Settings tab, click Advanced. Select the GeForce 2/3 tab. Select Additional Properties. There will be a tab labeled Direct 3D Settings. You will see PCI Texture Memory Size. Lower this setting. I believe the default it about 63 but this may vary depending on your video card and motherboard. I recommend no higher than 32. The lower you go, the safer the setting is. I have found very minimal to no performance decrease by adjusting this setting.

6) Memory

During my testing, I discovered that with the 1T Command Rate, I was not able to use more than one memory module for long periods of time. The system would not pass stability testing. Setting this to 2T fixed this issue. With some high end DDR333 RAM and high quality Micron RAM, I was able to use the 1T Command and all aggressive settings with a single module with no problems. With the 2T setting with single modules, I was only able to replicate the loop error with 2 modules. Both these modules happened to be single sided 256mg dimms. All other modules were double sided. These modules were not faulty as they caused no errors under WinME/98/2K. So I would recommend, if you are purchasing DDR RAM, insist on double-sided dimms and only buy quality RAM.

What systems did you use for the testing that has led to this guide?

I have tested VIA Apollo KT266, KT266A, P4X266, P4X266A, AMD761, SiS735 and Intel845/845D based motherboards, all of which were able to replicate the issue with extreme settings or low quality RAM. Software used was 3DMark 2001 Professional from MadOnion.com set up using batch run for 8 hours. If it passed 8 hours it went onto a 24 hour test. Quake III Bench - this is the fastest way to replicate an error, downloaded from The Guru of 3D. If you can run a complete batch run without a memory error in XP, 3DMark 2001 would also pass the 24 hour test. The Quake III Bench runs Quake III demos up to 30 times at different resolutions.

Bezugsquelle: John Gatt, 21 December 2001

Viel Erfolg!

rj.2001 Nachtrag zu: „Merh Infos währen da schon angebracht, aber lass mich raten, Du hast eine...“
Optionen

Ach so ich vergaß: Diese Einstellungen beheben teilweise auch andere HArdwareprobleme!!!!